What is Reiki?
Reiki (ray-key) is an ancient system of natural healing that positively affects the whole person by use of universal life energy. Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing that works in the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. Reiki comes from the Japanese ideograms REI (Spiritual wisdom) and KI (life force). This is the very same energy referred to as “prana”, “white light”, “the force”, “Christ light”, or Chi.
Reiki is a natural healing technique that makes use of the laying of hands. It is an amazing energy that comes from the highest spiritual source. It has its own intelligence and knows exactly where to go and what to do. It is multi-dimensional and will heal the cause of the problem on whatever level it may exist – body, mind or spirit. It does not have to be directed by the practitioner. Because it is channeled energy, the practitioner does not become tired or depleted. Although Reiki is not a substitute for traditional medical practice, Reiki, works well with and can enhance many other healing modalities.
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Helps in changing unwanted habits.
- Helps in overcoming mental and emotional obstacles.
- Relieves stress and tension.
- Relieves pain, physical, mental and emotional.
- Releases and balances pent up energy.
- Used in hospitals and hospice units.
- Heals and balances animals
- Returns one to a balanced and fully grounded state.